• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Cover tune for Furthur? What do you think?

#48495 3 years ago
SunshineSue wrote:
wlewis wrote:
unrelated to the dylan requests but i would love to see these guys cover moondance by van morrison, always loved that song, and id like to hear phil or bob sing it!! i could have sworn during the spring tour i heard phil messing around with the intro a little bit, definitely picked something very close to it in orlando during the winding down of a jam in the second set

I don't know, I'd like to see them test their jazzier chops a little more, but Moondance is a tall order. Maybe with Brent's voice and Jerry's MIDI flute it could have been pulled off, but I'm not so sure about now, though I love that song too. Maybe Into the Mystic or Brown-eyed Girl would be fun.

phil is always jazzing it up with jeff nowadays, i love when he starts running (he takes walking bassline to a whole new level)...wouldn't need to make it like the studio version with the flute and all..wouldnt be easy but its fun to play and listen to..i used to play this with a three piece band and it sounded pretty damn good....i could totally do WITHOUT brown eyed girl (played it too many times with a cover band a while back--just don't dig it) but into the mystic woouldn't be too far fetched as phil used to do it and the dead, but i am pretty sure warren was always present when it was played
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
intothesun
Visitor

#48560 3 years ago
Bobby will definately back me up on this one...his friends in KINGFISH do this one alot...Phils bass would be ringing pretty high up and going into or out of Loose Lucy would sound very grande.
intothesun
Visitor

#48561 3 years ago
Steve
Junior Boarder

#48593 3 years ago
I was watching a doc about the Moody Blues. Nights in White Satin would be great. Phil on vocals. JK handling the flute part. They could skip the narrative at the end of the song, though. Anybody else up for this?
Thanks Charlie Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#48595 3 years ago
I actually suggested Night in White Satin on a thread like this a while back - I think it would be great!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#48643 3 years ago
Here's a another cover I never know they played - JGB paying tribute to another guitar great, Eric Clapton.

FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 3 years ago by scar1et_f1re. Reason: imbed link
Time to create page: 4.23 seconds