• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Cover tune for Furthur? What do you think?

#48355 3 years, 2 months ago
arjanstar wrote:
Oh Sister would be bad ass with Sunshine singing Emmy Lou's part.

I'll second that! It would make a nice encore, even.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#48356 3 years, 2 months ago
"Chimes Of Freedom" - Mr. Dylan
djmac
Fresh Boarder

#48371 3 years, 2 months ago
Monkey Man.

Bob vocals.

Ideally this would have been covered by the GD circa. 1983-85 when Bob was probably best suited to be true to the song. But I'd take it now.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#48373 3 years, 2 months ago
I would like to hear Bob sing "Visions of Johanna". He forgets the words to lots of songs, but seems able to always remember the epic mult-verse Dylan tunes!!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#48381 3 years, 2 months ago
the movie 'the hurricane' was a warm crock of monkey dung...giardello beat him fair and square:

"Carter fought well in the early rounds, landing a few solid rights to the head, but failed to follow them up and Giardello took control of the fight in the fifth round. The judges awarded Giardello a unanimous decision. An informal poll conducted among ringside sportswriters agreed that Giardello had outboxed the challenger"

in fact, giardello sued the filmmakers for tarnishing his reputation
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#48451 3 years, 2 months ago
Get the Knack- "My Sharona". Bay, bay, bay , bay, bay be oh!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#48456 3 years, 2 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
I would like to hear Bob sing "Visions of Johanna". He forgets the words to lots of songs, but seems able to always remember the epic mult-verse Dylan tunes!!!

right..how many botched jack straws or hell in a buckets in the 80s but he'd NAIL those memphis blues and desolation rows with 10 verses..heheheh

i would prefer JK to take a crack at visions--i've actually been "calling" it for a long time now---really more a hope!, but honestly, i'd take weir doing it, i think he could put a nice emotional twist on it....glad someone else would like to hear this one!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#48457 3 years, 2 months ago
unrelated to the dylan requests but i would love to see these guys cover moondance by van morrison, always loved that song, and id like to hear phil or bob sing it!! i could have sworn during the spring tour i heard phil messing around with the intro a little bit, definitely picked something very close to it in orlando during the winding down of a jam in the second set
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: JStraw
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#48464 3 years, 2 months ago
wlewis wrote:
unrelated to the dylan requests but i would love to see these guys cover moondance by van morrison, always loved that song, and id like to hear phil or bob sing it!! i could have sworn during the spring tour i heard phil messing around with the intro a little bit, definitely picked something very close to it in orlando during the winding down of a jam in the second set

I don't know, I'd like to see them test their jazzier chops a little more, but Moondance is a tall order. Maybe with Brent's voice and Jerry's MIDI flute it could have been pulled off, but I'm not so sure about now, though I love that song too. Maybe Into the Mystic or Brown-eyed Girl would be fun.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#48469 3 years, 2 months ago
love all the suggestions so far, thought I'd throw a couple in...

well obviously I think everybody would love a Rainy Day Woman bust out .... a couple more Dylan tunes I would love them to try out.....

Idiot Wind
Under the Red Sky

really i could keep going on with dozens but this one is way on top of my list, I think they could do a Great version....
Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
Time to create page: 1.60 seconds