Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

UmpreysMcgee.. Any of you fans?

#48096 3 years, 2 months ago
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: UmpreysMcgee.. Any of you fans?

#48100 3 years, 2 months ago
i have a tough time getting into their music, seen em a bunch of times, just not my thing
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#48102 3 years, 2 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i have a tough time getting into their music, seen em a bunch of times, just not my thing

What bout Galactic? Still jams, but more funk. =-)

I love em both. Although nothin else comes REMOTELY close to Furthur. =-)

Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by DeadHead420.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#48105 3 years, 2 months ago
galactic i can get down with a bit more, i really enjoyed their late night set at furthur festival last year
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#48140 3 years, 2 months ago
They are like Phish. Good musically........WAY TO RANDOM. Don't have a good stage presence.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#48149 3 years, 2 months ago
I will never forget my first Umphrey's McGee show....I wasn't 21 yet so all my friends were in the bar while I was in the underage section! I had a blast! I danced the whole night...Everyone around was totally vibing off my energy because everyone kept coming up to me and huggin me! All i wanted to do was dance tho

Then I seen them the next time they came to town I was not impressed! Their style changed dramaticly between Anchor Drops and whatever one was next I forget. I also got to see them at Rothbury 09 and they yet again did not impress me. I've since moved on from them. But respect them for making music!

I've always loved the dead and the whole jamband scene. But lately the newer bands and songs just don't impress me just quite like any old dead song or any Furthur show! Its all about the DEAD!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, DeadHead420
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#48621 3 years, 2 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I will never forget my first Umphrey's McGee show....I wasn't 21 yet so all my friends were in the bar while I was in the underage section! I had a blast! I danced the whole night...Everyone around was totally vibing off my energy because everyone kept coming up to me and huggin me! All i wanted to do was dance tho

Then I seen them the next time they came to town I was not impressed! Their style changed dramaticly between Anchor Drops and whatever one was next I forget. I also got to see them at Rothbury 09 and they yet again did not impress me. I've since moved on from them. But respect them for making music!

I've always loved the dead and the whole jamband scene. But lately the newer bands and songs just don't impress me just quite like any old dead song or any Furthur show! Its all about the DEAD!

Right there with you, first time I saw them was on Halloween when they were doing their mash ups out in Yosemite. I didn't even know who they were and they blew me the fuck away!!! I became addicted to them on archive for a while after and saw em again about six months later at the peak of my Umphness, and it just wasn't happening. Try to listen to them every once in a while to get it back but to no avail. Still won't say i've given up on em (very talented musicians and lighting) but I dunno. I kinda have something similar with Phish an Disco Biscuits, can't stand their albums and live recordings, but seeing em live always blows me away. As for Galactic, bring it on mang! any day, any time!

What about Moe.? I cannot get into them for the life of me but I've never seen em live any thoughts?
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#48641 3 years, 2 months ago
Gosh its so hard to think about any other artist I like other than the Dead....

JJ Grey, Derek Trucks, Steve Kimock, Warren Haynes. I'll go an see any band these guys are playing in....But I do love some Yonder Mountain, Zach Deputy, and Keller Williams. But my style is more of the oldies....NRPS, The Band, Stones, Zappa, and of course the DEAD!

I like Moe. a lot more then Umphrey's. I've only seen Moe. live once. It was a pretty decent show. And I have a lot of Moe. cds. I remember when I was at the show during the set break a friend and I went to the car. I turned on my Siruis radio and they were playing Moe. Then right after they played Umphrey's. My friend and I got in a long conversation about how these two bands are quite similar. But Moe. has been at it longer and I feel their style and playing is more tighter then Umphrey's.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#48659 3 years, 2 months ago
Relix.com has a cool feature video called "Wafal plus one" done by Umphree's lighting guy. The current episode is about Umphree's backing up Huey Lewis at a music festival. It shows what a talented band they are.
Without love day to day insanity's king
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds