• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

The story behind "wings" and where they came from.

#39718 3 years, 2 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae, jbeach12078, DeadHead420
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: The story behind "wings" and where they came from.

#39728 3 years, 2 months ago
didnt explain anything just a commercial
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#39733 3 years, 2 months ago
I guess we have all heard stories on the meaning of the "wings"...some say you must take a shit ton of drugs..some for a good deed while others for serving time.. My personal take on it is that the "wings" are a meaningful gift that one gives another..for whatever reason they see fit. I do believe the one biggest all around catch, accepted by most is that you don't buy wings for yourself.
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#39736 3 years, 2 months ago
>>>>> I do believe the one biggest all around catch, accepted by most is that you don't buy wings for yourself. <<<<<

i cannot express how much i agree with that statement

smiley---neat link to provide the background story on how they came to fruition
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smiley from Texas, Abba
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#39737 3 years, 2 months ago
Good thing I didn't inadvertently commit a social faux paux when I purchased my little pins at Shoreline recently. Since the winged pins didn't appeal to me anyway, I was saved the shame of sporting self-purchased badges of honor. But as the poet said anyway: "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
intothesun
Visitor

#39739 3 years, 2 months ago
"I'll get up and fly away....fly away..."

Thanks for sharin Tex
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#39751 3 years, 2 months ago
Yeah Idk how i stumbled upon it. But i figured you guys might enjoy it,

and I agree with you guys on pinning your self... thats just silly lol.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#39778 3 years, 2 months ago
Thanks for the story, it's a real interesting one. I was lucky enough to be smacked in the head by one of those carnations, and caught a bunch more before they hit the ground. As we watched the plane circle I new something was up, and when the door opened, I knew a drop was about to occur. People cried out with delight when it became apparent they were carnations. It really blew my mind, and was a beautiful tribute that lightened the shock of that sad event.

I truly had no knowledge of this wings thing until I've been reading about it on this board. The last thing I expect to be handed at a show is a set of rules regarding the etiquette and protocol of pin wear. In fact, none of the numerous venders of these pins told me I was welcome to buy a pin, but not to wear it. No one informed me of any rules attached to their purchase. Also, nowhere in the story does he say you can't buy one for yourself. If we're going to have rules, I'd rather have one that says it's not cool to throw your trash on the ground all over the place. I'd say if someone wants to buy and wear a pin they think is cute, I'm not going to worry about it. How would anyone know, anyway, how someone got their pin?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Chester, splatter_face, Confusions Prince, Sharicee
Sharicee
Junior Boarder
Love you all!

#39795 3 years, 2 months ago
When I start reading posts about "wings", I am only able to think of one thing..." ALWAYS WITH WINGS", all the sisters on the board will know exactly what that is!
Too pat to open and too cool to bluff...
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#39797 3 years, 2 months ago
I don't know about this whole wings thing but I sure would like to take a ride in one of those old airplanes
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds